Thursday, September 11, 2003

Welcome to MSN.ca

Just got the news that the MIL & FIL's new home will be ready for them soon.
This is bittersweet news, as I have enjoyed their visit for much of the time, except for the "I'm a better ______ (fill in the blank with most domestic or female functions) that you can ever hope to be" one-upping from the MIL.

Yesterday I assigned my 17 year old son to make dinner while I went to work. He CAN do it, he HAS done it in the past, but this time he just slid the responsibility over to grandma, and "helped" her. She made a Sunday dinner on a Wednesday, but her Sunday dinners are like Thanksgiving.

Bite me.

How can I ever return my family to realistic expectations after her pampering?

Why does it have to be, that in order to feel like a somebody, another person has to be made a nobody? Coz I feel like a big nothing around her when my husband and the kids lap up her pampering. Although I know I am much more than that. I do much more than that. All the other good things about me are nothing to them compared to a big fat fancy hot meal. Are their priorities all wrong, or are mine?

A counsellor my husband and I once saw warned Ron not to expect a woman of today to perform like his Mother did.

So, what happens? She moved in!!

I feel depressed. I feel like calling Dr. Phil.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home