Friday, September 12, 2003

Welcome to MSN.ca

Today is a day off for me. I spent an hour with a counsellor talking about my frustrating life. Later, I will see a herbalist to help me with my health.

I have GERD - Gastro-Intestinal Reflux Disease. It's a product of stress.
Bad stress is when you can't do something about your stressors, either to take flight or to fight.
All the adrenaline poisons the system, causing heartburn and digestive problems.
Mine percolated right up my throat to change my voice (the acid scarred my vocal cords),
right up into the eustachian tube to harm my middle ears (acid scars again), all at night.

I am controlling it. First I used an elevated sleeping position. I altered my diet and stopped eating after 8:00PM. I took a beta blocker for a while, and now I am on herbs. Healing has begun, but I think my hearing and my voice are spoiled forever. I used to sing in a choir.

My MIL is cleaning up in anticipation of the cleaning lady who comes once a week, a benefit for my FIL.

She put the dishes in the dishwasher, a job my 13 year old was supposed to do, because she "wanted something to do". I know who will be expected to be picking up the pieces of tasks that the boys will begin to leave for "someone else" to do.

But I'm not going to fall into that trap!

I think I'll get that cleaning lady's card and get her to do the kid's chores, and give THEM the bill instead of their allowance!

Dust me!





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home