Saturday, September 13, 2003

Cannot find server

Came home from my split shift (7 to 1PM) and found towels all neatly folded - the wrong way for them to fit into my linen closet. My MIL was very nice to do the folding, but I don't want to be the one to tell her that it's not going to fit into the shelf, AGAIN. I do it over again, secretly, myself.

I got my 13 year old to do his weekly chore of vaccuming the top floor by telling him he couldn't go out and see his friends til he did. It still works.

Husband is out for a walk with a blister on his foot. Why?
Still no job. He's been working on a side job quote all week.

Saw my Dad today. Still alive. My brother was making him an elaborate breakfast - just the way he likes. I wish I could get service like that! But I don't like how he gets it - tantrums and terrible curses on those who fail to measure up. Right now, I am one of those who don't measure up on his personal yardstick. He doesn't like what I do.

I am a certified nurses assistant. What can I say? It was a practical choice at the time. I make enough for the FIVE of us to manage, and I sometimes do extra work on evenings, nights, days off and weekends. It's more dependable than Sales, and better for my health than a desk job.

For him, though, I should be a nurse, no, make that a Dr., no, make that a professor, no - not enough... How about PRIME MINISTER!!!?

However, when it was time to sign my student loan application for the University where I was accepted, he refused. Thanks for your support, Dad.

(Don't worry - I put myself through with my husband's help later. Though he became unemployed at the start of the second year, and I had to leave school early to get a job. It was a blessing in disguise, as I had the jump on all the graduates. Some of them NEVER got started in a career)

Husband returned. He was on his bike, actually, ridding himself of toxins by having a really GOOD workout. He saw some people fishing at the riverside. Someone pulled out a two-foot sturgeon. This is an ancient and endangered species of fish. Supposed to taste good smoked, but few will find out unless thay make a comeback.

I work from 4 to 10 tonight. Gee, it's a long and tedious day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home