Saturday, October 02, 2004

Science prize celebrates fish flatulence, hula hoops | CNET News.com

Hubbers sent me this link in an email, promising that I "heard it here first".
Oh, joy!
Gentle Reader, my life now has deeper meaning because I now know that fish can communicate by flatulent bubble.
The comic book artists had it right all along. Who knew?

The gender of said fish?
Probably male!

Right now, Hubs is hiding out in the bathtub, trying to renege on a promise to assist with the arduous task of Saturday morning grocery shopping.
I arose at 8:30, read the Sat. paper, solved the big crossword puzzle and the cryptogram, made the list (technically, HAD it made by oldest son while doing other work - delegation of labour! multi-tasking!)
and was all but ready to go.

Why do I need Hubs to go grocery shopping with me, when I could ask either of my sons?

I wanted to ask his opinion on something.
I don't want to pre-sell it until he sees it, because that has never been successful.
However, the IDEA that I want to wait until he sees it has so bothered Hubs, that he offered his opinion in advance, an unqualified NO to an unknown question.

Now he can feel powerful all day, having said NO to what he does not even know what he has said NO to.

He reads this Blog religiously, Reader, so I won't divulge here what I am wanting to present to him.

Only be content knowing this. It is not what he thinks, and he will feel very foolish later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home