Tuesday, September 21, 2004

More than Just a Slump

Who knew that being tired could be a sign of something serious? Most of us operate under a bsleep deficeit anyway.
Get sufficient rest, Gentle Reader, and then it will be clear whether there could be other problems.

I am getting some rest now that I'm on my vacation, and I have decided that I will give myself ONE home spa budget treat per day for the duration!
I will also do random acts of kindness for my guests, my sons and especially my spouse.
(I feel like I'm a Guide again, instead of the railing wailer you have come to know and possibly love!)

I also have an unfinished project that will weigh on me if I don't do it. It is meant to be a labour of love, and I must return to that love to find the inspiration, skill and energy to do it.

Yesterday, I indulged in a Chocolate Spa Day.
I soaked in the tub with my home spa jet, and ate 20 President's Choice chocolate chips, one melting moment at a time, while doing my crossword puzzle, reading my novel, soaking in lemon and rose-scented cold cream and touching up my roots with l'Oreal Preferrence Plus.

I read about the Lady Godiva spa package at a premium spa in town. Chocolate-raspberry soak, cocoa butter massage, chocolate moisturizer... MMmmmm... But, I can spoil myself better and LONGER for almost nothing!

I had fresh flowers and aromatherapy from that Scents of Time book I wrote about earlier. I tried something a little different with my hair... a wee bit darker for a shiny chocolate brown with a red chocolate overcast, and a long soak in conditioner.

Chicken curry for dinner and chocolate pudding and cookies for dessert.

Chocolate surprise for Hubsie. He was surprised... pleasantly!

Today I will run errands and get my eyelashes dyed at the local beauty school.

My tax refund is coming. I think it will be enough for a down payment on a Rav4, which I think will be the best thing to drive this coming winter, and the boys will think it's SO cool when they borrow it. It's the sort of thing I'd like my second son to drive when he's between Camp and the city.

The Toyota has passed 300,000 k! It's acting tired, and I'm hating the thought of facing winter driving THAT car.

Thankyou, faithful servant. Rust in Peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home