Sunday, September 14, 2003

Welcome to MSN.ca

I came in from working today's supper calls, which means I missed my own supper, and found the MIL and FIL sitting down for a cozy gossip session with MIL's sister and her husband. From the way that my entrance affected their conversation (blushing and guilty silence), I could tell they'd been chatting about me. I am naturally the scapegoat for the fact that Ron flunked his exam. He had his text in November, and didn't start to study until May, when his course was almost over. So I sat in on their little party until they left, polite as you please. I poured coffee, I passed them the dainties, I gave them a nice flower out of my vase full of baby pink carnations (which I gave myself because I'm worth it) as they went out the door. I hope the flowers smell pretty and keep fresh for a long time to remind them of me, and whatever they were blushing about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home