Monday, February 16, 2004

Dictionary.com/Translator

Did you ever get correspondence from the Old Country, and wished to translate it yourself despite a growing forgetfullness of everything you ever learned? I am trying hard to revive my German skills and to keep my French skills. Although I have no accreditation, it is unbelievable how useful it is to be able to speak and understand salient words from another language. The gratitude of the one you communicate with can be awesome.

Here is a site to help a bit. There is another, Babelfish.

Husband's big interview didn't occur when expected. Maybe they got someone else, or thought he had something else, because little contact was kept up after the initial "we want to talk to you" call.

I am so tired. Money won't be appearing for days, and I'm running out. I am tempted to take on some extra work again on my days off.

Excercise classes are paying off in more strenghth, though I can't say I have more energy. I want to walk the dog more, but when I get home, I'm beat.

I am reading StarTrek novels to one of my clients, and tempting another one back into needlecrafts with eyelash yarn in her favorite colour and a K-Tel knitter. It looks like a cross between a crochet hook and a darning needle with a loop to carry the yarn and a tension ring to regulate the stitch. It is so much lighter and easier to hold than a pair of knitting needles. i also bring music and magazines to my clients from home and the Library to brighten their days.

I am listening to Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austin in my car as I travel, and CBC2 when I'm not. I listened to Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe , too. The secret is in the sauce!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home