Monday, October 18, 2004

Sympatico / MSN Health & Fitness : News : U.S. psychology prof finds 'truth wizards'; They know a lie when they hear it

SuperLiars and Truth Wizards - Know any, Gentle Reader?

I am constantly finding people in self-delusion, like the older person who says health care is for
REEALLY sick people, not them, as they nearly fall getting in or out of their chair.
Or like my Hub, who said the sudden coolness I noticed after his counselling appointment was due to his being tired.
A little more inquiry, and I found out that he'd been telling his counsellor that my Dad is emotionally & verbally abusive (He IS),
and that Hubs thinks that I am sometimes like him (I sure wouldn't choose to be!).

"Oh, do you feel like she's abusing you?"

Hey.
Hey, yeah.
THAT'S the ticket!

Instead of his mother,
Instead of his father (deceased),
Instead of himself, he can start by blaming ME.

And my Dad, who he doesn't like anyway.

"Why stir up all that pain and anger from the past?", he asked.
"What good does it do?"

Sure it hurts.
I felt hurt by the counsellor's question.
I have to think about it, not just block it like a Kung Fu kick.

Maybe I am becoming the thing I loathe the most.

It will take time to get to the heart of the whole matter.
And I'm vulnerable at a time such as this, too.
I wonder if he would get on with it quicker if I were not around; to blame, to distract, to hurt.

But I told him to make the second appointment.

Please, God, help us.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home