Wednesday, September 17, 2003

Welcome to MSN.ca

I worked from 9 to 5:15 yesterday, only making it home through rush hour traffic at 5:30, and found husband, son and inlaws griping in a discontented knot.

Why?

Because I had asked the 13 year old to make a hamburger helper supper, and he hadn't come home yet, and they were all hungry.

"Besides," whined my husband - whose only item on his calender was to have lunch with somebody - "we don't have the right KIND of Hambuger Helper!"

I didn't even have time to take off my jacket.

I pulled out a box of rotini, a can of mushroom soup, two tins of tuna and 2 cups of frozen veggies.

My son had arrived at 5:45, and I showed him what to do.

Put water on to boil, measure your pasta & vegs. Open the cans while you wait for the water to boil. Cook the pasta & vegs together until they are done, then drain. Put the soup and the tuna in the pot and whisk til blended. Fold in the drained noodles and veg. Add milk til the casserole is just right, reheat a touch and serve with pride at 6:15.

PS I made a pumpkin pie from pastry leftovers while he made the casserole. I deliberately made extra filling for Pumpkin Custard, something that my FIL can eat, as it is a low cholesterol alternative to pie. It's just the filling baked in a dish instead of a pie shell.

As I had to leave for massage class at 6:45, I told my MIL how great it would be for FIL to have the custard instead of the pie. I left three bakable dishes beside the remaining filling, and the pie in the oven with instructions from the cookbook.

When I got back, the pie was out, but untouched. The custard and dishes remained unbaked.

She said she didn't know what my plans for these items were.

"Did you think I would make dessert for us and not for you?"
"Didn't I tell you about the Pumpkin Custard?"

Shrug, shrug, look away, go to room and close door.

Good night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home