Saturday, February 21, 2004

Discovery Health :: Three Tight Exercises
Did I mention that I excercise in a large class every week?
Dyna-Bands, hand weights, and I am trying steps.
Although I am tired after a long day (9:45 hrs), I have been working out for seven weeks now.
It's really starting to help, as I feel my back, legs and abs strenghthen.

I have been listening to Cities on the Plains, read by Brad Pitt, in the car. It's about a love story between an American cowboy and an epileptic Mexican who was sold at age 13 into a life of shame. Of course, it's a romantic tragedy. Brad does a great job with the all the voices.

I just watched a new movie, Northfork
On the surface, a surreal story about a town evacuating for a hydro dam, but really about God, faith, love and . It is loaded with unexpected visual images, sly puns and insider references. Check out the lunch scene!
The best part of the movie is the story of how it was made, in the DVD special features. The Polish brothers (really!) are very informative in their commentary, and sincere in their gratitude to everyone who helped them.
Their dad built several amazing buildings for the film, and deserves a medal. As a prairie born in Calgary, near the shadow of the foothills of the Rockies, I can relate to Montana.

I saw a friend today. After a talk, I came away with a few ideas about my restlessness and anger.
Sacrifice - what does the Bible say about it to me?
Why do I trust to myself to provide for my family? I know it should be God, but I don't act like it.
Why do I bear expectations on Ron? It doesn't really help us for me to look to him.
Why do I bear expectations on myself and from Ron?
What would my life be if Ron wasn't there? (My councillor asked me this one, too.)
Why do I let him distract me from my destiny? If he isn't agreeing with me, or helping me, is he part of my destiny?
Is it really a failed me, convieniently able to Blame Him?

In the end, am I alone responsible for myself, and what I eventually am?

Did you ever see the movie Gladiator? In his first fight in the circus, the lead character Maximus and the other "fresh meat" are each chained to a partner to fight armed and seasoned men. Some pairs used their chains to their advantage. One big man, chained to a frightened small man, had to drag his weight around until he chopped his partner's chain-end arm off. Sometimes marriage in tough times is like that - use your bonds or they are a burden.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home