Friday, July 30, 2004

Victoriana Online
Were the Victorians repressed?

I think they were not.

I think they couched their natural instincts in a bower of flowery language and rustling silk that nevertheless resulted in large numbers of children!

Queen Victoria herself was the of domesticity, with her large, mostly healthy and beautiful family.
How else, but through fun in the flowery bower, did her prodigious progeny appear?

I love the clothing of this era.
I love to watch period romances featuring the whispering, puffy dresses, the elegant suits, the hand stitching.

I do sew, myself, and I have always longed for the luxury of a full costume of this time, from the petticoat to the tippet.

Oh, and the servant to help me into it.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home