Sunday, February 22, 2004

Journals
Here is an article on journaling, which is what I am doing electronically by posting my Blogs.
I have read the article My So-Called Blog, about the phenomenom of Blogging one's innermost thoughts on the internet where they might be read by curious strangers.
Why do we Bloggers do this?
I think we hope to find a release or a validation somewhere in the internet ether.
I know that hubster reads my blogs.
As you know from my archives, he even made a link to them called She Said on his website, without even mentioning it to me.
I think he hoped to embarrass me out of letting off my steam and telling it as I see it.
I didn't care. I just kept blogging.
My stuff didn't change, but his stuff did.
Zaphod Beeblebrox has left the virtual building.

Today was a feast, twice. Once at church and again in the country for a Faspa.
I got some really good visiting in.
I went to church early so as to plug in my crockpot and to find my time in the week to support my church in prayer.
I will try to keep it up every alternate Sunday. I have been challenged to find my time for this.
My second son came with me. If he wants, he could use the Toyota to drive some people to church once he drops me off.
Did I tell you about the .50 Easter dresses? I visited my local thrift store during a .50 tag sale and got several lovely $10 dresses suitable for Easter. We dropped them off in the bin today. I hope they make somebody happy.

During Faspa visiting, my MIL told me about the hard growing up years her father and her older sibs had when who was who and what you could be or do among their people was much more rigid. Rich cousins snubbed poor cousins, and church choir solos were given based on who was a person of consequence, not on who could sing.
Some of the bitterest things I have ever heard against the church, any demonimation, are the experiences of hypocracy and inequity by children.
I think it is because they instinctively know that, at church, if no-where else, they should be safe from that stuff.

They are right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home