Saturday, September 20, 2003

Welcome to MSN.ca
Helped my MIL to unpack in their out of town bungalow condo today. At least 45 min. drive from our driveway. She's moved in, mostly, with FIL staying here until the dust has settled. Why subject him to the stress?
Mostly she was re-moving things already put away from one cupboard to put into another. I know it takes time to get settled, and what seemed right one day, is impractical upon more thought.
I also got her some groceries. The shopping opportunities in this small town are slim pickings compared to what she is used to in the city.
I hope this move will work out for them.
Back at home, I am treated to the sounds of newspaper pages flipping from 5:15 to 6:40. No other sound, not even a radio.
I have a VERY late lunch. There is a store-bought BBQ chicken in the fridge and two tubs of store-made salad for dinner.
Both my husband and my FIL are now sleeping, and my son is reading his tutorial for his newly purchased game of Warcraft III.

It is so very quiet in this three-level, 5-bedroom home we bought in only 2000 because our family was so big.

My keystrokes are the biggest sound around.

I grew up in a home where there were at least two TV's going, as well as a radio in every bedroom, AND the kitchen, on high volume, it seemed, from 7am to 11pm daily. Six people who talked, fought, debated, used the phone, made deals, and generally pushed their weight around AND read the newspaper.

From BOOM to tomb.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home