Sunday, October 19, 2003

Welcome to MSN.ca
Yesterday I met with the family of the young man who hit my car. I asked hubbie to come along for moral support. Instead, he supported a position which I consider questionable. This made me aware of my own accountability for my integrity.
I can't depend on anyone else, or turn to anyone for "moral support", no matter how close.
Another party may have no problem at all advising me to do something that they themselves would not touch with a ten foot pole.
I know what is right.
I will do that which I feel is right before my own heart and God.

We are having a boy named Ten over. His mom is a electronic visuals artist. She helped me turn boring event footage into a fun video.

Parents got challenged to think about how they are raising their kids today at church. I talked to our second boy, who said he hoped that I was listening.
I asked him what he meant by that, when we had a private moment. He wanted to know why he had been educated in a public school when lots of the kids at church attended Christian school. I told him that we asked discussed it with him and his brothers at several points, that money had been a factor, and that we had continued with public school as a result.
I guess he remembered those times when I talked about it. Sometimes, you have to remind them.
Do I have regrets? He's getting great grades in gr. 12. We could move him to an excellent Christian school on Monday, but like he said, what would be the point now?

I think all but the most lazy and evil parents do the best they can with what they have.
That's how I reconcil myself to my parents, and I hope my sons will see me in the same way.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home