Saturday, October 04, 2003

Welcome to MSN.ca
Today is a beautiful day, beyond compare.
I shopped for groceries and bread, and all my visiting plans fell through.
No-one is home. Everyone is out, enjoying the gorgeous weather. It's probably the last BBQ of the season tonight.
I am wearing a beautiful ramie sweater.
I got it for my husband, but he refused it, saying that it didn't look masculine enough.
I thought it looked fine; imported, european even.
Perfect for me, then.
I may be appointed a union steward.
My dad was a steward for CUPE.
Then I will take steward training.
I hope to be useful to my fellow workers, to protect myself and my fellow workers through a better understanding of our contract agreement.
Rented Solaris and Holes this weekend.
I found Solaris a short story plot in a novel-lenghth movie.
Why not just come out with it and say that second chances, grace and redemption are possible, and that after we die our spirit lives?
But the original Solaris movie was made in godless USSR, a bold pro-faith statement made in sci-fi guise, and won an award for special effects.
(I think they used different densities of tinted and opaque oils to represent galactic nebulae.)
Holes was different for Disney.
Interracial romance, family curses, boot camp for JD's and buried treasure.
Something like a cross between the Princess Bride and The Great Escape.
I found it hard to watch the brutality, injustice and child labour in terrible heat, even if it was "acting".
Amazing to see Henry Winkler and Jon Voight looking sooooo old.
Henry Winkler will always be The Fonze to me, somehow.
Must be a teenager thing.
I am reading the Pelican Brief, and I always enjoy John Grisham pot-boilers.
Impossible to put it down!
But, I must try to make the most of the day.

P.S. Pumpkin pie for dessert!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home