Sunday, October 12, 2003

Welcome to MSN.ca
Friday was my day off. I spent it in a frenzy of appointments. The first appointment was at 9 something with my student friend to have my hair coloured. I had a grey "racing stripe" down my centre part. Racing to the hairdresser...! Looks only beautiful. Took a little longer than I thought... Then I had to run to physio, which ALSO took longer than I woulda thought. New set of excercises. Progress, slow but steady. Then I saw my herbalist for my guts. I am on a slow cleanse. She stopped and prayed for me. I needed that! Then I went back to the beauty school to get my hair cut. My friend did such a nice job! I feel so pretty - what a lift. But it was getting late for her - she was going horseback riding with the young s from our church that evening. We were just finishing up as the instructor was reminding the students to clean up. Home at 4:30 pm.

Saturday was a working day. It's also a long one, starting at 7 something am and ending at 10 something pm, with two splits. I injured my back at about 5:30 pm pulling a client up in their wheelchair. I have to make another claim and I will hopfully get more physio and excercises. I can't afford to stop working. Perhaps it will be cheaper for the insurer to piggyback my visits. As soon as I got home, I self-treated. I got a back belt, an ice/heat belt and put them on tout suite I took muscle relaxants right away, and chilled out - literally, for the less than two hours before I would have to return to face the same client. I succeeded in finishing my day without further harm to myself. I took my night dose of relaxant and totally lost conciousness until morning.

Today I was glad I had taken care of myself early after the strain, because I would not have been able to work today otherwise. Four from Calgary and two from Niverville and one from Keenlyside for thanksgiving dinner at 3pm. My dad and bro will come at about 6pm.

Even if I have a lot to be angry about, Like my injury and my pain, I am also thankful for the beautiful meal and the visitors.

Thank you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home