Saturday, August 28, 2004

Sympatico / MSN Member Directory - Advanced Search

Here's a source of amusement.
You get everything in this directory from the most sincere-sounding call of lonely longing into the cold ether to mocking, time-wasting empty shells, and the many shadows of truth and lies betwixt and between.

This is the masquerade that e-anonymity makes possible.

But how anonymous are we, really?

When I changed my profile, Hubs gets an invitation to an intimate casual hook-up group.

Was it spam, did he leave cookies where he shouldn't - or was it targeted marketing?

I tried to crystalize my thoughts today, my day off, at the bookstore. I wrote in a handwritten journal the pros and cons of our marriage, and the anatomy of our fights, so that I am ready for the pastoral cousellor when he sees us tomorrow.

Hubs joined me at the bookstore's mall, took me out for dinner, took me out for live jazz and chai, then to a movie. There was a rainbow over us as we went to the Jazz, and a full moon above us as we drove home. Auspicious!

We saw The Hero, with Jett Li. That movie was all about colour, silk blowing in the wind, and wire-work martial arts. It told the story of the unification of China

This is like dating! But I can't be bought off so easily.

For our lives to work in harmony would require a level of cooperation, communication andd respect so unlike our usual mode of life, I wonder if it is even possible.
I am still thinking a separation would enable us to live without the fighting long enough to establish new and better habits.

Am I kicking against the goads, or am I right on?
We will soon find out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home