Thursday, November 11, 2004

The Time Machine - Official Site

This movie had lousy reviews, but we saw it this week, and it wasn't bad. Certainly took huge liberties with the book, but the director was the author's grandson, which sort of implies an okay. The machine itself was interesting, Victorian-style, with crystal vanes on a sort of pair of veggie-steamers to make a time bubble.

It was no worse than the Count of Monte Cristo.

I got an email from our second son, who is feeling homesick.
He got the parcel I sent him last week.
I miss him, too.

Tomorrow, we are supposed to go on our trip to the spa for three nights. I am nervous that excuses to put it off will be found by Hub, as on my vacation.

He is away so many evenings, that we hardly get to talk. It's always too early or too late.

I found a whole pile of unpaid bills when I oragnized his invoices for paying taxes.

I feel taken advantage of.

I am chugging along, paying the mortgage, soon the new van payments will start, and guess what vehicle everyone prefers to drive? Especially because I keep the tank full. I'm on the hook for the hotel reservations - it's on my card. Meanwhile, NO bills have been paid. He makes about twice my wages. What's he doing with his money? I know he eats lunch in a different restaurant every day. I should know, I just organized the receipts!

I opened 55 untouched envelopes that arrived by post since July!

I want to take a ride in a time machine, to see if I could nip a few things in the bud.

But for now, I'll settle for the spa.

Eh, I just phoned him. It's midnight, doncha know, and he says he still has 2 more hours til he's done. That's 2AM, and he wants to leave for the spa at 6AM.

I have a bad feeling about this.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home