Thursday, November 25, 2004

The Miscarriage Association

When my third son was just starting to scoot around, Gentle Reader, I discovered that I was expecting another baby.
By then, we were experienced in the provision of God for our children, no matter what Hub says now.
We welcomed the prospect of being parents once more.
However, looking after a busy household is hard work.

It may have been from over-work, or from some physiological reason which I may never know, this side of heaven.
After a fishing trip I started feeling unwell, and the next morning I began to bleed.
I kept myself in bed, trying not to give gravity a chance. My husband thought it would be best for him to leave me alone in this condition and go to church. He was going to take only the oldest child, but I convinced him to take the baby too. He left the second child, just a toddler, with me.
He said he was going to get the church to pray.

I had severe cramping pain, but I tried to keep quiet so I wouldn't frighten my second son.
After a knife stab of agony, a sudden gush of and tissue flowed, like a period, but much heavier.
I went to the bathroom, and stood in the bathtub to contain the fluid.
There was so much of it!

I had to visit the hospital twice.

My baby was gone.

This was such a painful time.

Some people aren't satisfied that you are suffering. They have to make you feel bad about feeling bad, too.

One woman I knew at church decided that I should not be permitted to grieve. She told me that every skipped period COULD have been a miscarriage, and that I may have lost children I never knew of, and that one out of three conceptions fails to come to term, so it's really nothing.

Thank you for minimizing MY loss into something YOU can handle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home