Monday, November 22, 2004

MSNBC - �How to Survive Your Husband�s Midlife Crisis�

HIS midlife crisis?
So far, no new sports car for him - though he prefers driving MY nifty 99 van.
No excercise for him.
I improved my physique with diet and Pilates.
Younger women? Lately? So far as I know, only in his vain imagination.
Younger men? This summer I noticed handsome, well built younger men more than ever, since before I was wed. But I try not to let it distract me. I have received an unsolicited MSN member's email (He SAYS he's 27, Francophone, and his nickname, translated, means something like God's gift to women! Right-ee-O!), and a Classmates unsolicited email invitation to meet an male alumnus for coffee. (Can't place the guy at all).
Deleted everything without further consideration.
Why?
Because I wouldn't like it if he played email footsie behind my back.
Because, with God's help, I have what it takes to resist temptation and remain faithful.
Because I still want only my husband, even if he does look like Homer Simpson and is mean to me sometimes.

Because I love the Blues.

And, if it weren't for the heartache of loving someone more than they love you (or at least thinking you do), there would be no Blues.

Oh, yeah!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home