Saturday, December 11, 2004

Prior Learning Assessment Review for Learners

PLAR is a process which I hope will result in my getting credit for all the things I've learned in my life that are related to my areas of ongoing & upcoming study.

Educational institutions seem very wary of awarding too much credit in this way - it might affect courses sold!
On the other hand, partial credit may encourage people to take a course that they might otherwise feel is beyond them.

I watched "The Saddest Music in the World"by Guy Madden, at last. It should have been called the strangest movie in the world! Set in a fantasy-Mytown, shot in a giant abandoned warehouse IN my actual town (irony, irony, irony!), it featured snow, beer, and battling music acts struggling for the all-important "thumbs up" which would allow them to slide into a celebratory vat of beer, courtesy of a legless beer heiress. The plot is amazing convoluted, and much of the music is truly sad in the tragic sense. The camera work, a combination of B&W and heavily processed colour, and the stupendous imagery - evocative, dreamy, amazing.

This movie is not for everyone.

Rated PG-14, I almost passed out when the heiress lost her legs.

Hubs has bottled his fermented concoction, aka homemade wine. It's another red, and he amended it right at the end, sweetening it just a little beyond my preference. Still a touch yeasty, but good. Goes right to my head! Whoo!

Hubs says getting me tipsy is his hobby. Hmmmm, I don't know if that's a good and sanctified occupation. He rarely takes advantage of my uninhibited state. Is this good or bad?

Finally broke down and bought an xbox. Christmas present for the boys. It is all bonus that it is a very good DVD player, too. The current DVD machine is getting y. I guess it's those library DVDs I keep borrowing for free.

I love libraries.

Our main branch library will soon be metamorphosed into a fabulous renewed building. It will have a huge glass atrium - perfect for combating SADD in the winter.

Going outside in the sunshine, however cold it may be, is another way to beat SADD. I am going for walks a little more now. Since I missed my last exercise class (Pilates, not enough people enrolled - it was a Friday exerciselass, what can I say?), I am sorry to say that some of the FAT CAME BACK. Diet still holding, but activity levels somewhat down.

More next time, dear and gentle reader....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home