Sunday, July 31, 2005

Study gives VoIP B+ for effort

Dearest Gentle Reader...
I'm trying to configure Skype VOiP for work. I can hear incoming messages, but I can't BE heard, although I have hooked up the head- & micro-phone unit.

I think my computer's microphone driver is not activated... it does not recognize the microphone part.

It would be a boon for communications if we could use VOiP instead of conference calls, which are so expensive.

Speaking of B pluses, that's what I got for each of my two courses in Human Anatomy & Physiology... This is the first week since the beginning of the year that I haven't had to go to school every day beginning with a letter "t".

There's a lot that I miss - the other students, the lectures, the labs, the friendships I made.

I will have two more classes this fall - the final prerequisites for the Diploma of Nursing, Accelerated program. If I pass, I will be a Registered Nurse!

I saw my dream car today, but not at my dream price! It is a 1964 Karmann Ghia red coupe (not just any old red, but a glowing, oh-so-very vermillion red!) BUT it costs $10,500 CDN. All I wanted was a closer look. From the road the price looked like $1,500, which was too good to be true, but IF true... WELL!!

Just looking at such an extravagent toy seems to trigger my husband, and we had another fight.

I am concerned because he is planning to make a large purchase on credit, and there is already a large debt load accumulated.

The widowed MIL was in for an overnight visit. She gave me, among other gifts, a clipping entitled "Eight Rules for my Teenaged Son". This is because our second son has announced that he is "going" with someone...

I like her, this sweet someone. But he has not yet decided on his path of life, has not yet gone to University... I wonder what his next step will be?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home