Monday, March 15, 2004

BalanceTV.ca

This is an article about the Glycemic Index Diet. It argues that eating foods that take longer to break down into sugar will help people to lose weight.

Sounds about right to me. Look at the lists. The "green light" foods are high in fiber, too.

I have been losing weight by a similar od, careful food choices. I think of it as Food as Medicine. Since I made the decision to change my eating habits to counter GERD and flab, I have had slow but steady success with few lapses. I am still a sucker for sour cream chips! I am aiming for foods that build up my health and that digest well. I also supplement with vitamins and herbs and vitamin "X" - exercise. The result is that I am feeling and looking pretty good for a person of my age. Better than before! My other practise is to stop eating after supper. Nothing but herbal tea. This has helped me a lot, and when I blow it here, I pay for it on several levels.
So, I don't want to blow it!

I worked this weekend. I am finding the routine is tiring, PLUS hub had rented Mona Lisa Smile, and I stayed up laaate to watch it. Conciousness-raising among the young distaff elite in the 50's. But I am so grateful for the hours and the people are all sweethearts. The physiscal part used to be hard, but now it is much easier. I have made myself bold to talk to some of them about the things that really matter. I find myself praying all the time, alone and not alone. I try to brighten their days with small things which I hope mean something to them, and which convey my care for them. I hope they will have an ear to listen when I speak.

I made a Trekkie happy today - double feature: a book-on-tape PLUS a book. The tape was okay, but the book was really well written. It was fun to read, and really put a sparkle in the eyes of the client. I got it in a bag of Library book sale specials - $2 a bag for large print mysteries, histories and more.

Tomorrow I work all day, get the cheap rental videos and return library loans. Totally broke, ther is no cash for Toonie Tuesday chicken, an occasional treat. Did I mention the DVD featuring Diana Krall in Paris? I love Jazz. I was a member of our city's Jazz society back in the 70's. I saw Cleo Laine, live! What an ravishing, exotic voice. I wish I could sing with technical brilliance, wit and wonder. No-one has ever told me I do, but I still love to sing.

Yesterday I bought gas for the Toyota. Not even $20 in the bank, so I used my Mastercard. My Mcard has my photo & signature on it. Always impresses the cashier. The gas jockey washed ALL my windows, my hero! As good as a carwash to me. I gave him a buck, wished it could be more.

Supper is ready. Beef Bourgigionne.
MMMMmmmmm...!
Even if we are broke, we still eat well.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home