Friday, May 21, 2004

Couleur Experte
I love L'Oreal. It's what I mainly use for my "beauty" treatments.

Hubster and I had a weekend getaway in a Bed and Breakfast and played Tourist-in-our-own-town.
We are celebrating our respective birthdays and the fact that Hub is working full time as a sub-contractor for a leading company in our city. It's not what he trained for at University, but it is good, solid, well-paying work.

Our downtown BIZ (Business Improvement Zone) hosted an Open Doors event, where we got to see the inside of many of the more interesting buildings in our city. The B&B where we stayed was near our Little Italy, one of the ten most romantic sites in our country. We saw odd movies (Bubba Ho Tep!), truly weird art exhibits and ate in cute eateries. It was nice to get away and relax.

Having left our home in the hands of our three teens and trusting them enough to relax makes us the marvel of many. Our sons are so great!

It takes so little to put us off the track and back into fighting so I am listening to Dr. Phil's Relationship Rescue tapes. The library lost the workbook that comes with it, so I am trying to pick it up from the webpage. His recommendations take a lot of committment to impliment, a lot of honesty, objectivity and risk-taking. The tape seems to be directed at women. There is some humour, and a lot of encouragment.

There's no one quite like Dr. Phil!

We are having a student from Quebec join our household for a month in June. Like my cousin last year, he is looking to improve his English. He seems a nice young man.

This is birthday season in our household. I have just turned 45, Bro One turns 44, Hub turns 46, Son 2 turns 18 and Son 3 turns 14 -all in very short order. Cake everywhere you turn, and I am trying hard to stick to my commitment NOT to eat anything after 6:00 pm.

I am still quivvering the scales between 180 and 190, although I look and feel less flabby than before. It's coming off of places where I never thought I'd have fat, and d having it there, like my face, throat, ribs and forearms. Besides the after 6pm fasting, avoiding high glycemic index foods and Pilates, I am taking Cod Liver oil 20 minims, Evening Primrose oil 1000 mg and vitamin E from soy 1000 UI. I am taking slow release vitamin C 1000 mg, a high potency multivitamin and glucosamine sulfate 500 mg for my painful joints.

Since I began taking this regularly, which coincided with the return of better weather, I have new hope that my hands and knees won't be utter ruined.


I have booked another long weekend at the end of May.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home